Thursday, December 10, 2009

Have you ever just packed up your stuff and left where you live and travelled round camping in nature?

for months at a time. I am thinking of doing that. I could save up and get a tent and panniers for my mbke then i could just tvl around forests and beachsides for six months. If you have done this. What was it like?Have you ever just packed up your stuff and left where you live and travelled round camping in nature?
Yes I did this in the 60s and I enjoyed myself so much I moved to a remote area of Alaska to live with nature and travel the wilderness.


Be prepared; bring the right gear, clothing etc. And I strongly advise to not go it alone, especially since you are a lady. You may consider packing a gun with a conceal carry permit. And bring a high quality first aid kit.





Wish you the best!Have you ever just packed up your stuff and left where you live and travelled round camping in nature?
No but that sounds fantastic. Go for it I reckon.
One of my personal life mentors did this for a long time, he did it once for 7 months in India, another time in Ireland, and I think once in Norway. Anyway he described it as a very life-awakening adventure, but also more reality-based than he expected. you have to be smart and very resourceful, learning how to say ';laundry'; and packing large amounts of socks were his tips to me. If you're goinginto straight wildlife, you won't be able to do it for 6 months without a hell of a lot of gear and some military training if you know what I mean. Start easy, go for a week backpack, then a two week, and work your way up. After a while I think you'll learn that the best ';pick up and leave'; trips are when you go somewhere you've never been and just travel in and out of civilization- map a path that takes you to a city, then through a forest, ends at a town, etc. You'll enjoy the company you meet more and it won't be a survival game- something that can ruin the best trips for the best of us.
i would love to do that. unfortunately i don't have the time or money for that. i have all the gear i would need, except for food of course, but if there was somewhere i could just survive in the wild i would love to do that. i would love to catch and cook fish over an open fire with no seasons, eat berries and wild fruits and plants. i would love to have to survive on my own. i have no doubt that i could easily do it. i am a minimalist camper anyway. Robinson Crusoe had the most amazing life ever. (yes i know he was fictional) if you haven't read the book you should. that would be the ultimate life. i'm more into the appalachian mountains than the tropics though. if you do go GOOD LUCK, and Have Fun!!!
no and i never would.. i love nature and all, but i only like to look at it and not be out in it. im too much of a girly girl who enjoys the comforts of indoor living and hates dirt and bugs.





well if you decide to do that, be careful and maybe wait until spring so its not as cold out and you wont freeze. and be safe so that no one tries kidnapping or hurting you while you are out by yourself esp. at night.





good luck :)
by just saying 'packed up your stuff where you lived'


kinda makes me think that your house is on wheels
No, and trust me, it is practically the stupidest thing you'll ever do, but if you were to go to Yellowstone or somethin'... Well, I'd only go to see wolves
i have always wanted to do that.i have the tents/equipment.but no one to go with.
sounds great when we leaving
The Appellation Trail that starts at Mt. Katadin In Maine on the north entrance of Baxter state park for the starting point and ends in Georgia. It takes six months to complete the trail.


If you think your in shape think again. It can be brutal on your body because of the weather ever so changing climates. You need to forage for food when you run out of provisions. Can you live like that? Black bears, raccoons, possums, skunks, spiders, snakes, all cause problems when we are not careful. How in tune are you with nature, you can find out on my blog @ yahoo 360/Outdoor Traditions of Maine @ crazy4huntin@yahoo.com
I would love to do this cause I love camping and being outside with all the dirt and bugs! If only someone would go with me, then I would do it...too bad my best friend HATES nature, though I have no idea why...





I would do it, but wait until its warmer, and get a friend to go with you. There are many accidents waiting to happen while you are camping, and it wouldn't be good if you got hurt and there was no one around...





Have fun!
No but close. After my divorce, I bought a brand new travel trailer. I was going to go to my favorite lake for about a month. That month turned into six months, and at that point I figured why go back. (300 miles away.) I moved to the small town at the foothills, and have been here ever since. This happened six years ago.
That is actually one of the things im going to do in my life. Im probably going to go somewhere into canadas wilderness. Just make sure you have all the right skills first
I have all of the gear and know-how to do that, unfortunately I have not had a lapse of employment since I was 15 years old...I'm 33 now. Nor could I have ever afforded to ';split from the whole program'; for months on end.





When my wanderlust gets the better of me I usually try to find a job as a guide or tour leader that will PAY me to go wander around.





Life on the road is so much better when you are getting a steady check in the process. It means you can afford to buy better beer and eat a steak while the other Tourist Kids are sitting in the park eating Ramen noodles on their ';semester off';.
The best food to help sustain you for six months is spaghettio's. Get lots and lots of cans(around 400).
I did it in 2007 summer for 3 months I started in oregon and flew to vietnam. It was a long flight. But when i got there. no car no nothing. except a huge backpack including some food[just in case] and several other things [tents, a lamp...] it was fun. I went with a friend and we just fished and hunted for our food. Hunting was hard to do but we were on an adventure. lol wow it was amazing. you should do it. but it does get tiring and kinda boring at times. so you might want to bring things to do..or plan the trip for shorter then 6 months
Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate