Thursday, December 10, 2009

What is the best place in the U.S.A. to live if you are semiretired, need a moderate climate, love nature?

trees are a must, prefer little to NO SNOW. No high humidity, no dusty deserts. Western third of continental US if possible. Affordable for someone on pension. ThanksWhat is the best place in the U.S.A. to live if you are semiretired, need a moderate climate, love nature?
WA State, it is beautiful have all 4 seasons and you don't pay income taxes.What is the best place in the U.S.A. to live if you are semiretired, need a moderate climate, love nature?
That sounds like Arizona to me. You can get into certain altitudes where it is cool but little snow.
Oregon around Coos Bay on the southern coast. You'll love it. I'm sitting here in San Jose, Ca which is the best place ever, but rather expensive. Oregon is really affordable and the weather is excellent.
Go to your library. In the reference section there should be a book titled Retirement Places Rated. Great starting point.
Chico, CA
semi retired or retarded? it makes a big difference retired az retarded new mexico hope this was helpful
TN all the way man


no humidity or very little


lots of woods


no desert


mild 4 seasons with little snow


very affordable not like ca


no state tax
My first thought is Ashville, North Carolina.
washingtion state has everything you need
I have heard that San Diego CA has wonderful climate. Maybe a suburb of it would be inexpensive?
I heard San Diego or just outside meets your requirements.
http://www.findyourspot.com/


http://www.retirementplacesreport.com/in鈥?/a>
Either Middle Texas or Florida ;) Texas is filled with retirees and has a bunch of beautiful cities (non desert, no high humidity... try the suburbs bordering San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, etc... or there's always McAllen Texas... still, has quite a bit of tourism. Still, Ive heard Texas it is not very expensive and is weell known for its 'winter texans'...)
You don't want much do you? ( smile) I guess you could say I am semi retired.. I sold Semi trucks and trailers, made enough to retire at 51! I live in a place that is very inexpensive, but I do suffer through extremes in weather! Hot in the sumer and way too cold in the winter. We have snow, and I have a four wheel drive!





I understand there are some American communities in Honduras that are doing well! A lot of retired military people. Very inexpensive to live there. What costs about 2k a month in the states cost about 500 bucks there. I haven't moved because I have an adult son, parents, sister, and grandson here, and I just don't want to be that far away.





Arizona is said to be a pretty good place to live for we how have dropped out! I understand the heat is a dry heat and doesn't feel as bad as other hot places.





Hey, count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate