Thursday, December 3, 2009

Why do envirnmentalists see being ';balanced'; with nature as living like cavemen?

I am getting really tired of all of the crazy environmentalists trying to tell me how I should live my life. No, I will not stop driving, shopping at the supermarket, or taking advantage of modern conveniences. This is ridiculous!! They think the only way earth will attain balance is if we either all die, or go back to an almost tribal system of living. We don鈥檛 have to take such drastic measures to do our part. We are part of nature, not the invaders. %26lt;rant over%26gt;Why do envirnmentalists see being ';balanced'; with nature as living like cavemen?
Don't worry, you won't have to change a bit





Humanity will pollute and destroy ourselves. The balance will be restored and the Earth will move on to the next species.





The problem is self correctingWhy do envirnmentalists see being ';balanced'; with nature as living like cavemen?
Don't take their advice too lightly. Environmentalists know what they are doing, trust me....I was blind but now I see. These are awakened people. They care for you, plants, animals and life. Their advice may save your life one day.





Did you ever think how it would be if all the conveniences of our society weren't there all of a sudden?





Now that I am awakened, I see this as they see.





Do your part. It starts with only a small spark or tiny seed.





Obviously this bothers you because you would not have asked this question. You already know the answer...You answered your own question.





Take a walk outside today and look at the beautiful trees, plants and sky... Isn't it amazing how peaceful you feel?





If you have a dog or cat watch them closely, they will teach you about peace.





Peace.
Yeah, that's the issue with a lot of the more extreme-minded environmentalists. They don't realize that we can't just remove every technological advancement that harms the environment, it's just not possible. However, we can develop technology to clean up and reduce pollution from factories, cars, etc. In fact, developments such as pollution permits are helping control pollution right now.
I agree with you.
I agree with you that we are part of nature! I, like you, intend to keep flushing my toilet and washing my clothes, but there are things we can do to limit our impact on the environment. While we are part of nature, mankind is overpopulating, and the effort to reduce the damage being done is nothing more than enlightened self-interest. If the damage gets to great, there will be a large scale die off. I would prefer that not to happen.





You don't have to become a caveman, though. Long term, low wattage florecent light bulbs, shopping at farmer's markets instead of stores when and where it's moderately convenient, reducing your trips to work (by telecommuniting, carpooling or taking public transit, as examples) even one or two days a week will help. Recycling and com[posting help, too.





Look, I'm a Pagan and an environmentalist, and I believe in balance, but I think some who share my point of view are radicals, and they really do seem to want to do away with the modern world and revert back 1,000 years. I presume they've never actually had to live tat way for long. It's not a very nice way to live, and our ancestors who did live that way worked hard to find a way to live more like we do now! All I would suggest for you is do a little. Do what you can to soften our footprints. Oh...and pray we figure a way to colonize other planets, thus reducing the population stresses here, and allowing the brave, adventurous, foolhardy and disaffected somewhere else to go! LOL
  • coolest myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    unemployment rate