Thursday, December 3, 2009

How long would it take for an atheist to believe in God if they had to live off nature and not technology?

if an atheist were thrown into the middle of nowhere unable to get any help from any person...living on their own for everything...how long would it take for them to question their beliefs...How long would it take for an atheist to believe in God if they had to live off nature and not technology?
That would depend on their pride and arrogance.





For example, if they are overly prideful and consider themselves the master of their own destiny then they would probably struggle to find their own sustenance. Then if if they found any, they would pat themselves on the back and continue to think how wonderful they are.





Alternatively, if they fail they would probably wallow in self pity and blame God for their predicament, too wrapped up in themselves to even realize that by blaming God they acknowledge Him, and this they would deny even to themselves.





On the other hand, if they have some humility they might see and appreciate the handiwork of God's creation, both its beauty and dangers, being no longer dependent on the works of man and look up and realize their dilemma and acknowledging their own frailties and weaknesses.





Although here and now, sitting before their computers, the question only challenges their egos, so to them it has no merit.How long would it take for an atheist to believe in God if they had to live off nature and not technology?
Are you asking how much knowledge we would have to lose until we started believing in gods again? Quite a lot - a lack of technology doesn't make god any more likely. I fail to see the connection between my not liking my life and a deity.





However, if humans were reduced to that for tens of thousands of years then perhaps we would begin (once again) attributing the completely natural to the supernatural.
This is just a variation of the ';No atheists in foxholes'; stale old chestnut. Atheism is not a belief or a religion. It's a lack of them. I already questioned my beliefs years ago. I questioned the religious beliefs that my parents shoved down my throat, and I found they made no sense, so I became an atheist. You should try questioning your beliefs some time. If you do, you may become an atheist too. I'm a farm gal, and I've camped out in the woods many times. I can make it out there living off nature much better than you city folk. I spend my time on survival, so I have none to waste on imaginary gods. Gods have never helped anyone, so why bother with them?
been there, done that. and i'm still an atheist. tell you what. lets see what would happen if you and i both went out and lived in the middle of no where. all you can do is pray for the things you need to survive, while i use only the things i know about survival, and see who last longer.
We don't have beliefs, sweetheart... and for many of us, that's why.





When you experience reality, and not fabrication, it becomes quite clear that your god was invented by men.





Maybe YOU should step outside your church and experience nature. I can tell that you never have.
Ive pondered these same thoughts myself. Good question btw:) I think it would vary alot, but I also think that it wouldn't take too awful long before he/she came down finally; to that place of humility and need, to seek Him YHWH. Reality, has a fine way of getting us to ask the right questions!
When I'm lying in my lean-to, I'll be remembering that I built it with my own two hands instead of it poofing it into existence because I told a deity that I wanted it.





Observe the world, affect it in a beneficial way, and live. It's that simple.
It doesn't matter there are many people who do so. So wait, are you saying that because we wouldn't know the answers to anything we would simply believe in god.? Holy cow you drive me further into anti-theism the second you open your web browser.
How long would a creationist have to live without technology to stop being such a hypocrite about science?





Anyway, I don't really follow your logic. If anything it would further make me disbelieve the god-concept, as nature is hard and uncaring.
Why would that do anything? No evidence for god means no evidence for god.





Many atheists get to the conclusion of atheism from questioning their beliefs in the first place, if anyone needs to question their beliefs, it's you.
I've been through hurricanes and lost power for weeks.


Been through a blizzard, lost power and got snowed in my house.


Been camping several times.


Lived without cable and internet for 2 and a half years.





What your point???
Are you suggesting that belief in god is just wishful thinking? That's funny, because I agree. Thanks for reassuring us that gods are indeed fictional, and religious faith is an emotional crutch rather than a justified belief.
Wait, so sky daddy would come in and chop some wood for me and catch a rabbit, or what?
You're saying that bad living conditions and unhappiness makes people believe in god? Then you've just proved that god is a delusion.
They would likely live a longer lifespan than a theist. Atheists like to figure things out for themselves. Christians pray for a solution, to no avail.
I only hope you're as confused about your theism as you seem to be about atheism.





You might get it one day.
Yet again, you fail to incorporate common sense into your question.
What does being without technology have to do with my beliefs?





I guess I could go crazy from lonelyness and start hearing voices... but even then I doubt I'd believe in God.
I usually manage for about four weeks from a backpack every summer....and still an atheist.
That wouldn't do anything to my 'beliefs'.
As usual, your question is completely stupid.
why would that convince them a tall tale is real? if anything it would strengthen their belief in what you christian supremacists hate, SCIENCE
wouldn't make any difference, why should it?
I'm not an idiot, I could find a way to survive, with or without beliefs.
72 years.
nature has nothing to do with god.
Dude, this question is stupid..


This question isn't intelligent at all.


lol The two things has nothing to do with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate