Thursday, December 3, 2009

Question for nature-interested people who live in southern California ?

I know not many people pay attention to crickets singing at night, I mean those insects!


But I think its nice and soothing listening to the chirping in a quiet summernight.


Unfortunately I live where there are no crickets. Too cold, even in summer!





But my question is:


Do crickets also sing in winter in southern California? Because I read that crickets die of after the first frost, but there is almost no frost in LA or San Diego or so?Question for nature-interested people who live in southern California ?
Its not unusual for us to get a 90 degree day in December, so, yes crickets can sing here in winter.





We recently had an invasion of a new cricket, the Indian house cricket, that can be found almost everywhere now. It seems to breed year-round and is our common cricket heard singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate