Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Do you live as close to nature as I do?

A Man Of Content





Hark; the Magpie is caroling his sweet song


As the dawning creeps over field and wood.


Gone the moon who’s crescent floated across


The dark velvet where Orion had once stood.





“ooo-cree-cha-cree-cha-chigga-woo-ja”


Gently sounds the Yellow-bellied Glider.


While slowly and with deliberation the


Blue Tongue Lizard stalks a Huntsman Spider.





Before the sun tips the graceful Blue Gums


I listen to a crescendo of musical sound


As Lorikeets welcome the dawns arrival


And Bats from groves fly homeward bound.





Awakens all nature on this glorious new day


And the Echidna seeks his breakfast of ants.


While the Platypus tumbles the rivers stones


As she paddles her way through aquatic plants.





Cockatoos warm their toes on overhead wires,


Perched as musical notes of a well known score


Waiting for the Kookaburra to laugh them all in,


What more wanders can this new day have in store?





Lucky I am to spy in the dawn a Chubby Gungan,


A brown frog in this place I happily call my home


Where creature's of every kind come to my hand.


I am content as no other man; never again to roam.























Do you live as close to nature as I do?
Nice, And I wish I was in such a content environment, your words, well spoken, offer hope and fulfilment, to anyone that has any understanding of life and nature. please don't stop submitting. you are great and inspiring, at least to me. Do you live as close to nature as I do?
I try to, but I don't have any of the species mentioned in the poem running around my house.


Be content where you are--what a pleasant concept.





What's a Chubby Gungan?
Lovely view of your surroundings.
I'm sorry, I lost interest after the first stanza. It's just not my type of poem... sorry. Just don't like it xD
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    unemployment rate