Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Poll: What tragic Mother Nature event have U lived through?

I guess this Ike thing for me.....Alicia(83) and Allison(2000) were rough but this dumb Hurricane made life very rough where I live...but we are getting by..What event was bad for U?Poll: What tragic Mother Nature event have U lived through?
I lived through The Xenia Outbreak in 1973. If You're not familiar, The Xenia Outbreak was the largest single one day outbreak of Tornadoes in US History.





I watched an F3 Tornado wipe an entire town from the map as though the hand of God has taken it away.





I have also lived through 2 other tornadoes, one hurricane, one flood, and several 100mph+ windstorms.





I hope Your situation improves soon.Poll: What tragic Mother Nature event have U lived through?
I lived through the power outage in all of Ontario. It was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life! I was at the pool when i experienced it and they told us that we had to get out of the pool and I was shocked.Then we found out there is no electricity anywhere.I also experienced the ice storm. It was horrible! There was so much snow and ice that all the electricity was out and there was a whole bunch of snow and ice around our house.
Hurricane Hugo '89 %26lt;--rode it out on my fathers boat, SCARY! but if we lost that boat we would have lost everything. He's a lobsterman.


and the Ice Storm of '98 %26lt;--- Trapped in a group home with mentally unstable adults for 4 days. Triple SCARY! Pirate girl was head butted and got a concussion from one of the residents, and went without medical attention for 2 days.


*Jenna- I forgot about the Blizzard of 78! I have some great photos of that as I was only 4, but what great images. All I remeber is it was April, we had already seen ground for the spring. And when I went outside I could walk right off the edge of the porch (about 4 feet off the ground). Since I was so little I was the only one that wouldn't break through the hard crusty surface.


Gloria was pretty nasty but it didn't hit us very hard up here.
Andrew - 1992 - without power for 18 days.


Katrina - 2005 - got power back the next day(miracle).


Rita - 2005 - got power back the next day(another miracle).


Gustav - 2008 - got power back 8 days later, cable and internet back 18 days later, still have no phone from house.(I have a cell phone). My neighborhood still looks like it was nuked by the storm and tornadoes. This was the worst weather I've ever seen in my life.


If I listed all the hurricanes I've been through in Baton Rouge, it would take the whole page. I'm just listing the last few biggies. Good luck to you my friend as you rebuild with the rest of us.
Glad that you are OK! I hope things get back to normal for you as quick as possible!





Living in New England, we are pretty lucky not to have too many catastrophic events. The only thing I can even remember is the blizzard of 1978 and Hurricane Gloria. Here are some links:





http://www.thebostonchannel.com/slidesho鈥?/a>





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_G鈥?/a>






a few cyclones+floods up QLD,floods and bushfire in outer sydney NSW and cyclone-storms,floods on the SE coast.one tree fell and wiped my house out,almost killing 4 of us.it was lightening storm.And when i was real young it was the drought inland rural,Tenterfield area.


i hope things pick up for you,i couldnt imagine ever experiencing Ike or any of them..{{{hug}}}
i was in a tornado as a small child it was very scary





we just had hurricane ike winds and was without electric for 3 days, and of all places in Indiana lol
6,5 ricter earthquake, two 5.7 earthquakes (greece), many hurricanes when i used to live in north carolina. tornado
I live in the midwest and tornadoes run rampant through here in the Spring and early summer...but the worst so far was the flooding of 1993...alot of people lost their property and homes
Niagara Falls in a barrel.
Tornadoes, some to hit here in Dallas have been real nasty.
Up to now not really had one.I hope everyone is alright.
a big earthquake
a flood

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
unemployment rate