Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Which par of New Zealand has most friendly nature to live on alone?

Happy and peaceful day everyone! :)





I am planning to go to New Zealand in few months, and in my trip I want to include about year of living eremetic lifestyle in New Zealands nature. Not camping, tramping, or hiking, as I am best with sky as ceiling, grass as mattress and rock as pillow.





As I have done such things before and have no problem in traveling to nearest town once in two weeks to buy food and living only on grains and fruits and veggies, basically all I need is as possible warm and isolated place with freshwater to drink.





I need an advice on which New Zealands region would mostly suit me?Which par of New Zealand has most friendly nature to live on alone?
I struggle to understand why you would want to do this and strongly advise against it. As much as I love the NZ outdoors/bush you sound like a accident or fatality waiting to happen if your unprepared. The emergency services in NZ are great especially search an rescue considering most if not all are volunteers. I suggest you do allot more research beforehand and always tell people where you are an what time you will be back.








Of late there have been 2 Aussies tourists that jumped a fence an got crushed/killed by falling ice another young woman survived on weetbix for a few days in a hutt cos she couldnt or wouldnt walk out an that was on a reasonable busy walking track but she was unprepared for the NZ bush. Just after Christmas we meet a English couple going on a 4 hour hike they decided to do spur of the moment, we were walking out an they were walking in she had jandels/flip flop/thongs on her feet he had sneakers/sandshoes a 750mls water bottle an sum biscuits between them we made them see the light an they got back in there car an headed into the city.


Ive slept ruff in the bush an it's no fun especially when I could see my camp 30 meters away but couldnt get across a river due to it rising. I never go alone, there is always 2 or more people an never for more than 5 days unless we make contact with people before we head back. Again do the research and dont become another tourist lost or dead in the bush.Which par of New Zealand has most friendly nature to live on alone?
Hi Hieken, Hopefully someone answers you after me, with better answers.


1) Autumn will begin in March-April


2) Winter will be here in June-July





I suggest the top of the North Island, or the Coromandel Peninsula (also North Island) or the top of the South Island (around Golden Bay) but this is very general...and good luck, but enquire as to safe spots. There have been rare accounts of random, senseless violence toward lone hikers and sight-seers, sadly.
Coromandel is great.





I would also advise north land.





May I just warn you, there have been alot of foreigners tramping or hiking and they get hurt or lost etc which results in alot of deaths.


Please be very careful in our country. No one wants anything to happen to anyone.
I would say the Nelson region - top of the South Island, it's the most hippy / alternative lifestyle place in NZ !


Not too far from the city there are plenty of places you can get lost in your own little world from.
I'd say the Coromandel. Relatively warm for most of the year.
  • Ltd
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

     
    unemployment rate